SuperHome Open Day
SuperHome Open day in conjunction with Heritage Open day- September 3rd & 4th. 11am-4pm with a max of 5 people per tour. If you wish to visit this SuperHome please note all bookings are to be made in advance via the online booking system. TOURS NOW BOOKABLE ONLINE!
Available Spaces: 20
Price: Free Event
Somerset, Bridgwater, Woolavington Hill
Owner(s): Malcolm Parker
House Type: 1960s detached
Carbon saving: 75%
- uPVC double glazing throughout.
- 60 mm Cavity wall insulation and 40mm Kingspan Kooltherm internal insulation.
- 75 mm cellulose loft insulation plus 300mm Superwrap with plastic foil cover.
- 40mm Kingspan floor insulation. The new extension has 100mm Celotex insulation with Underfloor heating.
- Sanyo Eco 9kW air source heat pump that runs on CO2 not HCFCs and so operates down to -25c not -10c(HCFCs).
- Zone controlled Underfloor heating to extension. Existing bungalow fitted with radiators with 100% thermostatic valves and zone controlled by room stat. Hot water provided instantly by heat store.
- 2 arrays 16 Sanyo HIT 240HDE4 PV panels fitted with a nominal power output of 3.84 kWp.
- Low energy lighting throughout.
- Low energy appliances.
- Water saving devices include: Spray taps on basins and thermostatic showers fitted instead of bath. New dual flush low water content toilet cisterns to both bathrooms.
If you would like to make energy improvements in your home but are not sure where to start, then SEA can help. The SuperHome network, created by SEA, is made up of older homes across the country which have been updated to improve their energy efficiency. Almost all of these properties are open to the public and you can get great advice and guidance from the homeowners.